As always, Forbes magazine publishes its list of the world’s 100 most important women. Yet again, German Chancellor Angela Merkel tops the rankings, and this year, for the first time, climate change prodigy Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg, comes in at spot-100.
But there is only one “hotelier” in the list: Ivanka Trump, who has actually opted out of the industry while daddy is in the White House (though the wellness at Trump Hotel Washington DC still bears her name).
Hasn’t Forbes heard of Gloria Guevara Manzo, President and CEO of the World Travel & Tourism Council WTTC, and what about, in alphabetical order:
- Sonia Cheng, Rosewood Hotel Group?
- Jennifer Cronin, Wharf Hotels?
- Katerina Giannouka, Radisson Hotel Group?
- Shannon Knapp, Leading Hotels of the World?
- Hui-kwong Kuok, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts?
- Stephanie Linnartz, Marriott International?
- Karin Sheppard, IHG?
- Lindsey Ueberroth, Preferred Hotels & Resorts?
LTE says: wait for December 2020 and we will publish our own list of powerful female players in this, the most exciting industry in the world.